America's smallest state is New England in microcosm:
- See wonderful Colonial architecture and sample the culinary delights of international cuisines in Providence.
- Spend a day among the fabulous collections of paintings, sculpture and decorative arts at the Rhode Island School of Design's Art Museum in Providence.
- Learn about New England's Industrial Revolution at the Slater Mill in Pawtucket, America's first water-powered cotton mill, and the Museum of Work and Culture in Woonsocket, which documents the lives of French-Canadian immigrant millworkers
- Surf at the Town Beach in Narragansett
- Take the ferry to quaint, scenic Block Island, once fought over by rival Indian tribes and first settled by Europeans in 1661
- Walk Newport's incredible Cliff Walk, and tour the fabulous Golden Age Newport Mansions
Date Created: May 3, 2014
Category Stats: 9 listings, 0 comments